The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
- Bruce Lee
I can't tell you what I dreamed last night. I lock all my dreams up in my heart before I wake up.
- Greta (age 4)

Monday, September 8, 2014

Vocab #3

accolade - noun a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction
I earned the accolade for my diligence.
acerbity - noun a sharp sour taste; a sharp bitterness; a rough and bitter manner
The drink i had was quite an acerbity.
attrition - noun the act of rubbing together; wearing something down by friction; a wearing down to weaken or destroy; sorrow for sin arising from fear of damnation; the wearing down of rock particles by friction due to water or wind or ice; erosion by friction
The attrition finally my sister applied to my mother worked and she got what she wanted.
bromide - noun any of the salts of hydrobromic acid; formerly used as a sedative but now generally replaced by safer drugs; a trite or obvious remark
I replied with a condescending bromide
chauvinist - noun an extreme bellicose nationalist; a person with a prejudiced belief in the superiority of his or her own kind
You're such a chauvinist.
chronic - adj. being long-lasting and recurrent or characterized by long suffering
I can't listen to you speak chronically
expound - verb add details, as to an account or idea; clarify the meaning of and discourse in a learned way, usually in writing; state
Do I have to expound every single thought I enlighten you with?
immaculate - adj. completely neat and clean; free from stain or blemish; without fault or error 
My room is the epitome of the opposite of immaculate
imprecation - noun the act of calling down a curse that invokes evil (and usually serves as an insult); a slanderous accusation 
While i enjoy your imprecations I must leave, your sister is calling me.
ineluctable - adj. impossible to avoid or evade:"inescapable conclusion"
Yeah I agree saying that could only lead to a black, it was ineluctable.
mercurial - adj. relating to or containing or caused by mercury;relating to or having characteristics (eloquence, shrewdness, swiftness, thievishness) attributed to the god Mercury; relating to or under the (astrological) influence of the planet Mercury; liable to sudden unpredictable change
The way you attempted that pull back was mercurial.
palliate - verb provide physical relief, as from pain; lessen or to try to lessen the seriousness or extent of 
If you ever get pulled over try to be very well spoken it will probably palliate your punishment.
protocol - noun code of correct conduct; forms of ceremony and etiquette observed by diplomats and heads of state; (computer science) rules determining the format and transmission of dataIts protocol to enjoy college and party just as much as you learn.
resplendent - adj. having great beauty and splendor
... And he said "she was resplendent" and then "she" turned around and guess what, she was a he.
stigmatize - verb mark with a stigma or stigmata; to accuse or condemn or openly or formally or brand as disgraceful 
Most of the things I do in my life has been stigmatized at one time or another
sub rosa  -  adj. confidentially; secretly; privately.   
I thought speaking to your shrink was supposed to be sub rosa i guess they have to report any crimes they hear about.
vainglory - noun outspoken conceit
Take your vainglory and shove it bruh.
vestige - noun an indication that something has been present 
You see that track over there its definitely a vestige that the flying purple spaghetti monster was here.
volition - noun the act of making a choice; the capability of conscious choice and decision and intention 
It was of my own volition.

No comments:

Post a Comment